Adapter any Mini-DisplayPort or Apple Thunderbolt socket to connect with a DisplayPort monitor!
This passive 15cm Mini DisplayPort (male) to DisplayPort (female) cable adapter allows you to use DisplayPort (DP) monitors with your Mini-DP equipped MacBook or PC. Supporting resolutions up to Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz) and compatible with all Mini-DisplayPort and Apple Thunderbolt equiped computers, including MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro & Lenovo ThinkPad.Adapters your Mini-Displayport or Thunderbolt socket to a DisplayPort (Female) connection. Then simply connect a regular DisplayPort cable to your monitor.
Simply insert the Mini-DisplayPort end into the socket on your computer, then connect any of our DisplayPort (Male to Male) cables and you're off and running :)
Mini DisplayPort Audio Compatibility
While DisplayPort and Mini DisplayPort connections are capable of transmitting high quality digital Video and Audio, the older 2009 line of MacBooks and MacBook Pros are unable to transfer audio signals through their Mini DisplayPort, and can only do so over USB, Firewire or the 3.5mm Audio line out port (the April 2010 line of MacBook Pro, and iMac from late 2009 can output audio over Mini DisplayPort however).
- 15cm (approx) Mini DisplayPort Plug to DisplayPort Socket Adapter Cable
- Compatible with Apple Thunderbolt for Audio & Video signals only (Data transfer requires a Thunderbolt cable)
- 6.75 Gbps Data transfer rate
- Supports video signals up to 1080p on supported displays.
- Support for DPCP (Display Port Content Protection)
- Colour: White
- Different devices and product models may feature different connectors. Please check your device has a Mini DisplayPort socket before ordering this product